# of Players: 3-4
Ages: 8 and up
Play Time: 30-60 Minutes
Designer: Frank Branham
Publisher: Z-Man Games
Battle Beyond Space is a massive, multi-player free-for-all space battle with 60–80 ships slugging it out IN SPACE.
In 45-60 minutes. And 9 turns. In an asteroid field.
The combat system is diceless and extremely deadly. On a turn, you choose one of your three squadrons, move and fire with it, then get to move one of your two capital ships.
The big difference between the players is the super-secret alien power of technology which they can spring on another player at any time. Some are one-use, amazingly powerful items (aka Death Blossom), some are more subtle, long-term effects.
Battle Beyond Space on Boardgamegeek.com
- 1 Board (with hexes for three & four players)
- 1 Rulebook
- 36 Movement cards (nine for each player)
- 12 Special Power cards (three for each player)
- 72 Fighters (twelve squadrons of six ships)
- 8 Capital Ships (two per player)
- 17 Asteroid markers
- 7 Sensor Probe markers
- 5 Capital Ship Damage markers
- 4 Shield markers
- 2 Elite Fighter markers
- 2 Elite Fighter Damage markers